Ðåïóòàöèÿ: 1648 [+/-]
Îòïðàâèòü Skype™ ñîîáùåíèå äëÿ Vasex
«Geo-two. Geo-two. I can see aurora borealis on the north. Is it possible?»
«Are you sure that’s not a ghost? Not looming?»
«Pretty sure. Red lights, all the sky. Some green colors too. Over.»
«Say aga…»
«Say what?»
«Say again»
«Geo-two, can you hear me? Over.» - Hugo Nansen asked, when have noticed some problems with radio on his screen. He was flying above South Syria. The speed of transmissions decreased rapidly.
«Starfish, affirmative, loud and clear. Over.» - The air-operator of the military base answered, sitting in hundreds of kilometers to the south-east in Israel. In this season the underwater theme is in fashion.
«I can see aurora on the north.»
«Roger that. And confirmed. Magnetic anomaly. Are you sure your compass data is right? Our guys from Africa say that they can see polar lights on south. Over.»
«Magnetic dipole. Both of these lights are too close to equator. Something is not all right.»
«We’ve… issues. Confirmed both fronts of lights. …ised risk. Back… base.»
«I have some problems with radio… Oh, now with the whole electronics.»
«Starfish, say again.»
«Geo-two, I repeat. I have noises. Firstly, in radio channel. Secondly, in all the systems. It might have been errors or, maybe, some kind of enemy dazzlers… Over.»
«Starfish… eturn… ahead. …copy?»
«Geo-two, your signal is bingo.» - He meant it was very bad. – «Delta ten on your recovery time, I go home. Can you hear? Over.»
The radio kept silence. The fighter’s pilot lost connection with the base. The sky was bloody red. Hugo Nansen wasn’t superstitious, like many other pilots, but this time even he felt nervous. This red sky… It looked like a very bad sign.
«Geo-two, geo-two, this is Starfish. Do you copy?»
He could see how other problems with electronics were dramatically arising. It looked like he was under some kind of attack. He remembered not much about magnetism, but enough, to understand, that it is the most possible explanation of these problems. However, he didn’t know what to do with this knowledge. He tried some maneuver cycle to take down the height, to avoid possible ray from a dazzler or to get out of some kind of electricity cloud. Nothing helped.
It got worse. All systems failed, turned off.
«I’m blind and naked! Do you copy?» - It seemed he was talking with himself in almost complete silence. – «All systems are gone. No power. I repeat. No power. Mayday, mayday, mayday.»
He had some time to spare, because his Typhoon was floating in the air slowly loosing the height. Spare for what? With no energy it seemed there was nothing he could do.
The fighter was falling.
Luckily, on this model it was an absolutely mechanical system of the ejector chair. Nevertheless, Hugo couldn’t flee so easy, even not from combat. It was a regular patrol overflight, usually without any enemy contact. Most important: there were no commands from the base.
He could only see the sky and earth, nothing more. The screens in front of him kept silence, were dark, and he couldn’t rely even on some mechanical instruments.
It was late evening, but with the red auroras he could see the ground clearly, like it was noon.
He couldn’t control the flight, he could do nothing.
And there was a rather big town on the trajectory of the falling plane.
Hugo Nansen didn’t want to ruin some civilian’s evening and whole life.
What he could do? To blow the air to any side to change the direction of the heavy pile of metal?
The ground had been too close right now. All systems seemed to be completely dead.
«Geo-two… If anyone listens…» - He spoke with the best listener of a pilot - a flight recorder. – «This is Starfish. Nothing works, no power on plane. Nothing can do. Need ejection. Town on my way. Need to reduce damage. Don’t know how. Trying grenades. No kidding. Better more little shutters, than one really big bird. Right?»
He had some tens of seconds to think more about this crazy idea. It was really stupid. But he had no other options.
He imagined how pieces of a military plane on speed of thousands of kilometers per hour would cover the town streets, buildings, transport, like buckshot. It can be even more dangerous than only one plane. But he had no time for mathematics. He knew one more thing – before leaving this, he should be sure, that enemies wouldn’t get so expensive toy, if it somehow land successfully without pilot and autopilot in such terrific conditions.
Hugo Nansen took out three grenades and opened them.
Then he threw every of it on the metal floor under his legs. He thought during this:
«Can’t remember that quote from “Die Hard”. Maybe because of a lack of oxygen. Whatever.»
Then he said loudly:
«Time to punch out.»
He ejected himself from an airplane, pulling up the seat firing handle between his legs.
He was shot like a missile, like a rocket to the sky.
Everything worked good, Hugo was grateful to the engineers. They might have been not so grateful to him for his plan with destroying the "Typhoon" like that. Like some kind of a barbarian.
His big bird had exploded in the air, then the firening shatters had covered the town.
Hugo Nansen landed on his legs in the desert successfully with no eyewitnesses. However, it is a matter of short time when there would be many pickup trucks with lots of angry desert monkeys. He'd better to go home.
Homebase. Maybe in one hundred kilometers to the south. Hugo had a chance to come before the breakfast.
So he burnt his parachute and started to run.

ïîçàâ÷åðà, â÷åðà (à âîîáùå ùà âûõîäíûå ïåðâîãî ðåæèìà)

Ïîñëåäíèé ðàç ðåäàêòèðîâàëîñü Vasex; 17.12.2018 â 15:39.
Îòâåòèòü ñ öèòèðîâàíèåì